Thursday, April 16, 2009

Who's Hand Is This!?!

A more eloquent and entertaining blog post about riding the subway than I could ever muster. Plus: there's a picture! http://jamesfallows.theatlantic.com/archives/2009/04/china_v_japan_the_packed-train.php

(i can't figure out how to post a real link here. it just shows up as invisible, or rather, not at all. any clues?)

I don't worry about getting groped, although when the train gets packed people do stand unreasonably close. When in line, I used to give the person in front of me a little of what I deemed "personal space". in the us, no one would dare jump in there. this was my weakness for awhile; i kept getting budged as "personal space" means no space here.

1 comment:

A l y s s a said...

How weird is that?? Packers?? Why don't they just send more trains? I can't imagine being okay with being packed in. Or being the actual packer. Amazing. Thanks for posting it. I enjoyed the Colfax bus all the more after reading this...